White asparagus, hollandaise sauce with Madagascar Vanilla Bordier butter, poached egg
For 4 people
For the hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 35g of lemon juice
- 125g of Madagascar Vanilla Bordier Butter
- Pinches of salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 20 white asparagus
- 4 medium eggs
- Cut the white asparagus, peel them, and steam them for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Melt the Madagascar Vanilla Bordier Butter.
- In a saucepan off the heat, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the pan over low heat. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the melted butter, while stirring vigorously.
- Once the butter is incorporated, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water and once boiling, add a dash of vinegar.
- Break an egg into a bowl, stir with a whisk and gently pour the egg into the simmering water. Poach for 2-3 minutes and remove the cooked egg with a skimmer.
- Arrange the white asparagus on a plate, place the poached egg on top and pour the hollandaise sauce over it.
Recipes imagined and created by @juliette_meyer_