Stingray Rillettes, Spices and Bordier Lemon-Olive Oil Butter
- 250 g / 8 ¾ oz. stingray
- 1 small chopped shallot, 1 lime, 1 lemon (+ juice)
- 60 g / 2 oz. de Bordier lemon-olive oil butter
- 1 tbls. grated ginger, flat-leafed parsley
- 5 cl / ¼ cup each dry white wine and olive oil
- 10 cl / 3 1/3 fl. oz. whole-fat whipping / single cream
- 1 pinch Espelette chilli
- 1 tsp. mild curry and powdered cumin
- 1 cube seaweed stock
Dissolve the seaweed stock. After simmering for 20 minutes, add the stingray. Cook for another 15 minutes. Place the cooked fish in a salad bowl and set aside.
Mix the white wine, the chopped shallot, the lemon juice, the lime zest , and the grated ginger. Add to the stingray, mix, and marinate a few minutes.
Pour the stingray and its marinade into a sauté pan. Add the cream and simmer until evaporated. Add the chilli off the heat. Gradually fold in the butter piece by piece.
Place stingray into pots immediately. Seal and turn over until completely cooled.