Serves for 4:
- 1 kg / 2 ¼ lbs. stewing veal
- 60 g / 2 oz. Bordier lemon-olive oil butter
- 1 clove garlic, 1 organic lemon
- 400 / 500 g / 1- 1 ¼ lbs. green cabbage
- 3 tsp. Moroccan spice mixture, e.g. Raz-el-Hanout
- 2 glasses vegetable stock
- Crushed pistachios and sliced almonds
Slice the cabbage and cut the veal into cubes.
Heat 25g / 5 tsp. of the butter in a pot, then add the garlic, spices and meat. Brown for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper, then add the stock and complete with water to about half the height of the meat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour over a low heat.
Melt 35g / 1 ¼ oz. of the butter, then add the cabbage. Stir regularly for around 115 minutes. Grate a bit of the lemon zest over the cabbage.
Sprinkle each plate with crushed pistachios and sliced almonds.