Chef at the Bistro Autour du Beurre – Saint Malo (7 rue de l’Orme), France
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4
- 1 whole Curé Nantais cheese
- 1kg/2.2 lbs Charlotte potatoes
- 350g/1 ½ cups shallots
- 200g/7 oz. smoked bacon bits
- 15cl/5 fl.oz. dry white wine, e.g. Muscadet
- 30g/2 tbls. Bordier Piment d’Espelette Butter
- 25cl/8 ½ fl.oz. liquid / single Bordier cream
Wash the potatoes and boil them in salted water for 20 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
Sauté the bacon for 5 minutes in the butter. Add the shallots and deglaze with the white wine.
Drain and peel the potatoes, then slice them. Place them evenly in a buttered baking dish.
Sprinkle the bacon bits over the potatoes.
Lightly salt and pepper, then add the cream.
Slice the Curé Nantais cheese in half lengthwise and place each half, cut side down, on top of the potatoes and bacon.
Bake for 50 minutes and serve immediately.