Les Liaisons “Heureuses”
- Knead sweet butter with some pre-prepared wasabi. Just before serving, melt over grilled herring or a pork chop.
- Mix sweet butter with some hazelnut powder. Melt over steamed sole fillets.
- Serve vanilla butter with sautéed scallops or in a sauce to go along with lobster.
Some Lovely Butter Harmony
- When emulsifying a sauce, the butter should always be whisked in off of the heat.
- A knob of butter added to some warm custard and emulsified with a wand mixer will always give it incomparable lightness.
- For a vinaigrette, replace the oil by some butter melted slowly in a small saucepan. Use it to season steamed vegetables.