Preparation Time: 1 ½ hours
- 4 fresh cod fillets cut into 200 gram / 7 oz. squares each
- 200 grams / 7 oz. smoked ventresca
- 80 grams / 3 oz. smoked salmon
- 1 head new pointed cabbage
- 2 tbls caraway seeds
- 1 tbls ground cumin
- a pinch thyme flower
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 grams / 5 ¼ seaweed butter
- 1 dl / 3 ½ fl. oz. verjuice
- 1 dl / 3 ½ fl. oz. red wine vinegar
- 1 dl / 3 ½ fl. oz. olive oil
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
Cut the smoked salmon into small sticks and use them to stud the pieces of cod. Sprinkle each with a pinch each of cumin, caraway seed, fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Cut the cabbage in two and wash. Cut into long, thick slices. Place in a (tea) towel, salt and pepper and add the rest of the caraway seed as well as the finely crushed garlic. Mix in the towel and leave sit to marinate for a good hour.
Reduce the verjuice and emulsify with a portion of the seaweed butter.
Sauté the cod squares in some olive oil until golden brown.
Dice the ventresca and sauté it in the seaweed butter.
Place the seasoned cabbage in a salad bowl, add the sautéed ventresca and deglaze all with some wine vinegar. Mix well and keep warm.
Arrange a pile of cabbage salad in each dish and top with a cod square. Drizzle with some of the verjuice emulsified with some seaweed butter.