Curried Shrimp in Buckwheat Butter
- 400g / 14 oz. pink shrimp
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 20g / 1 1/3 tbls Bordier buckwheat butter
- Peel the shrimp.
- Sauté them quickly in some olive oil, and sprinkle them with the curry powder.
- Finish off with the butter and a pinch of salt.
- Serve warm in a small ramequin with nice toothpicks, for example.
Grilled Lobster with Buckwheat Butter
- 2 lobsters
- 100g 3 ½ oz. Bordier buckwheat butter
- Salt & pepper
- Set the broiler of your oven to high.
- Slice the lobsters in two lengthwise.
- Place them in a lightly greased baking dish, shell side up, and broil them until the shells turn bright red.
- Remove from the oven, turn over and brush with buckwheat butter. Broil them once again, but lower in the oven, so that they bake more slowly and evenly. After a few minutes, add a bit more butter and continue baking.
- When the lobsters are baked, coat with the rest of the butter to guarantee that they are tender and shiny.
Tuna Sautéed in Buckwheat Butter
- 800g / 1 ¾ lbs tuna steaks
- 1 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 60g / ¼ cup Bordier buckwheat butter
- 3 tbls dry white wine
- 2 tbls heavy / double cream
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 tbls finely diced shallots
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Place the tuna steaks in the pan and sauté for around 5 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, put the vinegar, white wine, shallots and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over a high heat, and reduce until completely evaporated.
- Add the cream and reduce for another 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and emulsify with the butter, diced, whisking quickly until the sauce takes on a creamy consistency.
Pour some sauce into each plate and top with the tuna. Serve with wild rice.