Preparation: 30 min.
Baking: 30 min
Rest: 20 min
For the sweet crust:
- 250g / ½ lb. bread flour
- 125g / ¼ lb salted butter at room temperature
- 125g / ¼ lb. powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 5 nice apples
- 2 tbls sugar
- 2 tbls Bordier buckwheat butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- Prepare the sweet crust dough with the flour, the butter diced into small pieces, the salt and the sugar. Add half a glass of water and knead into a ball. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Prepare some apple sauce: cut the apples into small pieces and mix with the sugar, a bit of water, and the vanilla pod split down the middle. Cook over a low heat for about 15 minutes, then blitz the apple sauce in your blender.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
- Roll out the crust out and line a tarte pan with it, pricking the crust with a fork. Spread a layer of apple sauce over the crust.
- Slice the 3 other apples finely and arrange them attractively on top of the apple sauce.
- Sprinkle with sugar and place top with small pieces of diced buckwheat butter.
- Bake at 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6 for around 30 minutes.
Our tip: You can replace the salted butter with buckwheat butter for a fuller taste.