Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 600 grams / 1 1/3 lb fresh cod
- About 30 cockles or littleneck clams (a good 15 of them to be used for juice)
- Herb butter: 100 grams / ¼ lb chopped herbs (cilantro, chervil), 100 grams / ¼ lb smoked salt butter at room temperature, 50 grams / 1 ¾ oz. bread with crust removed, the juice of 1 lemon
- Baby vegetables: 4 baby carrots with their greens, 4 baby leeks, 4 baby fennels, 4 new turnips and 4 green onions
- Sauce: clam/cockle juice, shallots, smoked salted butter and lemon
- Salt, pepper
Make the herb butter: mix the butter, the herbs, the bread and the lemon juice. Spread the butter between two pieces of parchment paper and refrigerate. Boil the vegetables in separate pots, then sauté them in a dab of smoked salt butter. Shallot sauce: sweat the shallots with the juice of the cockles and emulsify with lemon juice.
Place the herb butter on the back of the cod and bake for 10 minutes in a 180°C / 356°F (gas mark 6) oven. In a large serving platter, set out the cod and the vegetables. Open the cockles on a plancha for 2 minutes, place in the platter and coat with the sauce.
A white Cheverny from Domaine Philippe Tessier.