Breton Buckwheat Butter Shortbread
- 120g / ½ cup flour
- 80g / 1/3 cup sugar
- 110g ¼ lb Bordier buckwheat butter
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until it whitens in color. Fold in the egg yolk delicately.
- Slowly add the flour and vanilla sugar until the dough becomes nicely homogenized. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place one tablespoon of dough per shortbread on a greased cookie sheet (or one covered in parchment paper). Make sure that each will have enough room around it to spread as it bakes.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes until the shortbread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and, using a glass, cut each one into even, regular shapes.
Our tip: save the shortbread cut-offs to make a crumble!
Buckwheat Butter Chocolate Lava Cake
- 150 g / 1/3 lb baker’s chocolate
- 90 g 6 tbls sugar
- 80g 1/3 cup Bordier buckwheat butter
- 2 tbls flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 240°C / 475°F / gas mark 9.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a double boiler.
- Cream the eggs and sugar until it whitens in color.
- Add the flour, then the melted chocolate and butter. Grease 6 individual ramequins.
- Fill the ramequins and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out half cooked and serve immediately.