- 1.5 kg / 3.3 lbs. cockles
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 g / 3 ½ oz. Bordier Espelette Chilli Butter
- 15 cl / 5 fl. oz. dry white wine
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Rinse the cockles in several baths of cold water, bouncing them together so that they release any sand they might have.
- Peel and chop the shallots and garlic. Melt for 5 minutes in a sauté pan on a low heat with 15g / 1 tbls. of the butter. Pour in the white wine, pepper, and heat.
- Add the cockles. Cover and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes. As soon as the shellfish has opened, remove, and pour into a hot, shallow bowl.
- Filter the juice and pour it as well as the cockles once again in the sauté pan on a low heat. Fold in the rest of the butter, cut into small morsels, and stir the sauté pan to coat the cockles in the butter sauce.
- Serve with chopped parsley.